02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Oct 6, 2014

Game Jam with Mayesrunner

Game Jam with the GAME crew. What an amazing experience. I'm happy with my amazing teammates and the 6 hours we put into our game. And we even won a reward, how wonderful isn't that?

We had a game jam last Friday. It was called "My first jam" and was centered towards building relationship between new students and older students as well as creating the opportunity to be making games.

The team was really nice. The seniors helped us when we needed it and let us actually be a part of making the game. I did the player controls as well as the collision and I felt that it was a job well done. Maybe it wasn't much, but it made me really happy to be a part of.

The game we made was Mayesrunner. The seniors on our team made a game parodying Ulf last year, and they wanted to make something similar this year. The theme of the jam was Addiction X which but we didn't look at it too hard. We wanted to make something fun. I like Adam, and the seniors does too so no hard feelings were meant. There is a running joke between the seniors that Adam doesn't like grading papers and we based the game on that.

The game is an endless runner with Adam Mayes running from students trying to get him to grade their papers. On the way you can pick up coffee to run faster. If you touch a student you die and if you run into a block, you get slowed down. After dying the player can see how far he/she got.

It was awesome to see everyone's creation after the deadline. There were so many creative games. And even if some of them were bad, they all had something interesting which could be made into something great with time.

I'm really hyped for the next game jam. It feels great having completed my first game! And it feels like I really can make games. Now I just need to make better games.

No comments:

Post a Comment