02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Sep 19, 2014

Mechanics are hard


What do you get when your assignment and course material contradicts each others and the presentation that should have been uploaded isn't there. At least a confused as fuck student.

Maybe it's just me, but the game workshop where I took the role as the mechanics designer was really weird. The paper was full of fill in the blanks of gameplay modes. The description says I should design core mechanics. The course material says there are lots of types of mechanics. The assignment paper only mentions one. I have no idea if it even helps my team if I only write the game modes, because we kinda did that already together. So I wrote some mechanics I guess?

???

Maybe I'm just overthinking things.

My mood didn't improve when I found out that another assignment everyone in the class though to have been pushed forward is actually due tomorrow. Nice. At least I worked on it for a bit yesterday so I could finish up in an hour, but it seems a lot of people in my class just said fuck it and hopes for the best.

Takeaway
Uuh. Student lives are hard? I dunno it's a little stressful but still nothing big. I'm more upset about myself for not understanding the workshop assignment. It feels like it is a learning potential gone missing. Time to read my course material some more. It's good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment